CONDITIONAL SENTENCES

NAMA: MUHAMMAD HAMDAN
KELAS:1EA02
NPM : 14211851
PREFACE
This english paper is a series of explanations about the Conditional Sentence. And in this paper provides three types of the conditional sentence such as: future conditional (type 1), present conditional (type 2), past conditional (type 3).
This paper is made in to make someone easier to understand the conditional sentence. In addition to explaining the type of conditional sentence also provided a formula of conditional sentence type 1 to 3, the meaning of the conditional sentence.
Do not forget that I would like to thank the lecturer and all friends because this paper could be done.
This paper is far from perfect, I would expect for advices and criticis.
This paper is made in to make someone easier to understand the conditional sentence. In addition to explaining the type of conditional sentence also provided a formula of conditional sentence type 1 to 3, the meaning of the conditional sentence.
Do not forget that I would like to thank the lecturer and all friends because this paper could be done.
This paper is far from perfect, I would expect for advices and criticis.
CONDITIONAL SENTENCE
Conditionals sentences is characterized by the presence of the word 'if / when', which is generally said to be the 'if'. There are two major categories of modality that is: 'the real' (factual and habitual) and unreal (Contrary to the fact).
'The real conditionals', better known by the term 'future conditional', a pattern sentence that states something has a chance to happen when certain conditions completed - hereinafter referred to as'' conditional type 1.''
'' The unreal conditional sentence is a pattern which is a denial of the facts which will or is already happening, that the talk was not or will not happen.
'Unreal conditionals' has two variants namely, the first sentence contradicts the actually occur now, and more in the know with the' present conditional 'or' conditional type 2.''
The second sentence contradicts what is already happening, better known as the "past conditional" conditional or type 3''.
1. FUTURE CONDITIONAL (Type 1)
This assumption states that something might happen in the future or present conditions, or / completion of certain conditions.
| Formula: If + S1 + V1 + S2 + (will/can/may/must) + V1 |
Note: S1 = subject 1 S2 = subject 2
Example: - You’ll live longer if you stop smoking.
- I will only dance if they play my favorite song.
- If she doesn’t feel better tomorrow, she will see a doctor.
2. PRESENT CONDITIONAL (Type 2)
This assumption states something contrary to what was / is going on now or later.
| Formula: If + S1 + V2 + S2 + (would+could+might) + V1 |
Note: S1 = Subject 1
S2 = Subject 2
Example: - If i had time, I would go to the beach with you.
Fact: I didn’t have time, i don’t go to the beach with you.
- He would tell you about it ,if he were here.
Fact: He did not tell you about it, he is not here.
NOTE: In type 2 conditionals, only to be ''were’’ used for all subject.
In this second type of conditional, user word 'if' can be eliminated by using a pattern inversion, without changing the meaning.
| Formula: Were + S1 + O + S2 + (would/ could/might) + V1 |
Note: S1= subject 1 O= object(adjective/adverb/noun)
S2= subject 2
Example: - Were he here, he would take care of our problem.
Fact: He is not here, he did not take care of our problem.
- Were I movie star, I would be very famous.
Fact: I am not movie star, I’m not famous.
- Were I you, I would start packing now.
Fact: I'm not you, I do not start packing now.
- I wouldn’t buy that computer if I didn’t need it.
Fact: I buy computer because I need it.
3. PAST CONDITIONAL (Type 3)
This assumption states something contrary to what has happened / what was true.
| Formula: If + S1 + had,V/been + S1 + (would/could/might) + have, V3/been |
Note: S1= subject 1
S2= subject 2
Example:
- If I had know you were there, I would have written you a
love letter.
Fact: I didn’t know you were there, I didn’t writte you a love letter.
- If I had studied hard, I would have passed the exam.
Fact : I didn’t study hard, so I didn’t pass the exam.
- I would have come to your house if the weather had been fine.
Fact: The weather wasn’t fine, so I didn’t come to your house.
- If you had asked me. I would have told you the story.
Fact: You didn’t ask me. So I didn’t told you the story.
- I’d lend you money if I had any.
Fact: I didn’t lend you money , I didn’t any.
BIBLIOGRAPHY
Suryaningrum Tanti Dwi.2006.BANK SOAL BAHASA INGGRIS.Bandung:
M25 Bandung

0 komentar:
Posting Komentar